The biogs listed below consist of brief pen pictures of consultants with static views of their global pins. If you would like to query their pins in more detail, click here, filter on the consultant UID and screen in tabular or map form.
AASE, SVEIN (UID:SAA1)
contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
An energetic and dedicated explorationist, with good communication skills.
Has a long working history with emphasis on evaluation of hydrocarbon potential on scales from basins to prospects/ fields. Key technical strength is geological interpretation of seismic data. A team player.
- In UK assignment made 3 commercial oil discoveries in 4 years
- During the Production assignment in Oman was responsible for more than 30 well locations, some of the appraisal wells increased discovered oil volumes significantly.
- Have achieved equity awards in all blocks applied for in Barents Sea and Mid Norway.
- Led the effort to regionally screen West African margin for pre-salt prospectivity. Resulted in identification of sweet spots and subsequent acreage application.
- Regional facies mapping in Brazil (Espirito Santos Basin) and West Africa (Angola/Gabon) resulting in identification of prospective trends including both structural and stratigraphic traps
- Participated in a Global Deep Water Foldbelt study, resulting in the establishment of success criteria for plays in this domain.
- Was the interpreter for the Johan Sverdrup field for Maersk Oil, the largest oilfield found in Norway in recent years, responsible for the structural interpretation and depth conversion at reservoir level. This included efforts to map out the distribution of the thin but prolific Upper Jurassic Reservoir.
Has recently developed a special interest in Quantitative seismic interpretation, and on the geological side prospect top seal risking.
contact email: email@example.com website: www.geopressureconsult.com
Richard is a passionate petroleum geoscientist with over 35 years’ experience, and the co-author of textbook “Petroleum Geoscience”, currently in preparation of its 2nd Edition. His consultancy and training expertise includes identification and quantification of subsurface pressures and their relevance to petroleum. A thought leader in geopressure he has led significant advances in understanding geopressure generation, leading to new ways to predict both pore and fracture pressures. His knowledge of the high-pressure settings around the world have been developed through consultancy projects for many small to large companies. He is a well-respected and effective teacher/trainer, having taught professional development courses on subsurface pressures, pressure prediction, exploration risk and hydrodynamics globally since 1994.
“Richard delivers the course brilliantly”
“Richard’s vast experience helped in understanding the concepts better”
Richard offers a range of in-house training, from introductory to advanced level, and is keen to work with companies incorporating their own data into training programmes. Topics on offer for training and consultancy include pore pressure and fracture pressure prediction, seal capacity, seal breach risk and hydrocarbon height prediction, response of overburden to reservoir depletion in HPHT regions, and the elements of hydrodynamic trapping and reserves determination. He has conducted competency audits as well as second opinions on pressure predictions for well planning, with completed projects complemented for good time/cost management and clear, succinct reporting.
contact email: jon.Teasdale@geognostics.com website: www.geognostics.com
After graduating from the University of Adelaide in 1992 with BSc (Hons), Jon worked as a field geologist in remote areas in Australia and Antarctica. Jon obtained his PhD from The University of Adelaide in 1997, during which he pioneered new methods for understanding poorly exposed geology. He has worked as a geological consultant for the past 20 years; initially with Etheridge Henley Williams and SRK Consulting serving the minerals industry in Australia, Africa and PNG.
In 1999 he helped form SRK’s Energy Services division, that spawned Frogtech in 2004, where he consulted widely in the oil, gas, coal and geothermal energy sectors in more than 30 countries on all continents. Clients included most oil majors, government agencies, national oil companies, independents and juniors.
He joined Shell in 2007 as a Global Geological Consultant. He advised and mentored all Shell exploration teams worldwide, as well as providing in-house expertise on non-seismic integration and interpretation, plate tectonics, structural geology, basin modeling and risk management.